Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) is natural gas (predominantly Methane, CH₄) that has been converted to liquid form for ease of utilization, storage, and transport. It is about 1/600th the volume of natural gas in the gaseous state. It is odourless, colourless, non-toxic, and non-corrosive.
The liquefaction process involves removal of certain components, such as dust, acid gases, helium, water, carbon dioxide and heavy hydrocarbons. Natural gas is condensed into a liquid at close to atmospheric pressure, by cooling it to -162⁰C.
Energy density of LNG is 2.4 times greater than CNG and 15% higher than diesel. This makes LNG the most cost-efficient fuel for regions not served or under-served by gas.
Benefits of LNG
- • Reduction in the cost of transportation, cost of production and the cost of commodities.
- • Fuel security, through the utilization of domestic gas.
- • Increase in power generation by supplying LNG fuel to power self-generating factories & industries using costly and non-friendly fuel for the environment.
- • Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and related environmental benefits.
- • Create a balance on energy price between the pipeline connected areas and the other areas of the country.
Virtual Pipeline System
Greenville LNG has brought the first LNG fuelled trucks into Nigeria to distribute LNG to our customers in all parts of Nigeria. The Virtual Pipeline System allows LNG to be transported to non-pipeline connected areas, especially the gas starved parts of Nigeria.
Using LNG as fuel enables an economic alternative for long haul trucking, this will make a positive impact of about 35% reduction on transportation & logistics costs in Nigeria. Our initial fleet of 300 cryogenic trucks have a capacity of 23MT each and can travel more than 1000 km at a stretch without refueling.
Greenville LNG trucks are fitted with GPS tracking devices to monitor movement and to ensure that LNG is delivered on time, every time. Greenville LNG customers will have cryogenic storage tanks, full regasification units and other skids on-site. This will enable LNG to be stored at the customer end before refueling.
Greenville LNG customers have the added advantage of a virtual pipeline system that enables LNG to be distributed to industries all over Nigeria, without any disruption in supplies. To complement our Virtual Pipeline System, Greenville LNG refueling stations are strategically located across Nigeria.